This fittings is designed to convert metal hard fuel lines to AN thread sizes, the fitting is made from stainless steel and uses a twin ferrule compression design. These fittings have many advantages over the common aluminium based hard line adaptors as the ferrule used to create the compression joint is made from hardened stainless steel. This means the fitting can handle very high fuel pressures without the risk of damaging the fitting.
This fitting requires you to cut off the bevelled end of the hard line so that the compression joint can slide on.
- Remove the bevelled end from the 5/16" hard fuel line using a saw or pipe cutting tool.
- Deburr the end of the pipe using a deburring tool or file
- Push the compression end of the fitting on to the pipe making sure it is fully seated at the base of the fitting
- Finger tighten the nut, then while holding the body of the fitting with a wrench continue to turn the compression nut (with a wrench or spanner) 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 turns.
- Once assembeled and the fuel system is fully hosed, prime your furl pump to check for leaks, if there is a leak simply turn the compression nut another 1/4 turn.
- If the leak persists the fitting has been assembled incorrectly, contact us for assistance.