Muscle up your engine cooling system with the Davies Craig EWP® 150 alloy Electric Water Pump. Like all EWPs, this advanced unit is designed for remote mounting in the engine bay to satisfy those higher horsepower, turbocharged, supercharged and ‘worked’ engines which develop excessive heat.
The compact EWP®150 alloy unit is manufactured with -AN16 (12) internal inlet and outlet threads for neat, tight screw-in fitting applications.
This rugged alloy hi-flow electric water pump is designed to complement or replace the engine’s existing mechanical water pump. This essential performance accessory increases power to your vehicle’s drive wheels and improves coolant temperature control.
EWP & CONTROLLER INSTALLATION DEMONSTRATION
|EWP150 Pump 12V||1|
|Rubber Sleeve 3mm||2|
|EWP Basic Pump Loom||1|
|EWP Universal Instructions||1|
|Voltage||12 Volt Pump|
|Operating voltage||3V DC to 15V DC|
|Maximum current||10A @ 13V|
|Flow rate (max)||150 L/min (39.63 US gal/min) @ 13V DC|
|Operating temp.||-40° to 130°C (-40° to 266°F)|
|Pump design||Clockwise centrifugal with volute chamber|
|Pump weight||1,170 grams (2.6 lb)|
|Pump material||Aluminium (Powder Coated)|
|Burst pressure||500 kPa (72.5 psi)|
|Seal||Ceramic face seal|
|Self Priming||No, none of our pumps are self-priming|
|Fits hose sizes||35mm to 51mm (1⅜” to 2”) Inlet & Outlet -16AN (12)|
|Push-On fitting Size|| |
EWP Inlet & Outlet 38mm
Combined with an LCD EWP®/Fan Digital Controller (Sold separately Part #8002 or combo #8970) will manage both the EWP® and Thermatic® fan operation. The Digital Controller will vary the speed of the EWP® in response to the engine’s coolant temperature. Multiple temperature settings are provided on the Controller for either maximum power or fuel efficiency. The Thermatic® Fan/s will be activated automatically once the engine coolant rises 3°C (5.4°F) above the targeted (set) temperature. The Digital Controller will automatically run on for three minutes (or to 10°C / 14°F below the set temperature) after engine shut down, eliminating ‘heat soak’ and extending engine life. The EWP®80 Digital Controller Combo is supplied in a do-it-yourself kit with everything you need for fitment to your vehicle’s engine, including an easy-to-follow DIY instruction booklet.
The world’s most advanced total engine cooling management system:
increase fuel efficiency
extend engine life
EWP® INSTALLATION OPTIONS
Installing an EWP® as an AUXILIARY PUMP
- Leaving the mechanical water pump in place, install the EWP® into the bottom radiator hose.
- Remove the thermostat and drill two approx. 3mm (1/8") holes in the thermostat plate to allow some coolant circulation when the thermostat is closed. Re-install ensuring that the thermostat housing is clean and a new gasket is used if required.
EWP® INSTALLATION – disabling Mechanical water pump
- Leaving the mechanical water pump in place, install the EWP® into the bottom radiator hose and remove the manufacturer’s thermostat.
- You will need to bypass the water pump pulley by installing an appropriate length belt (not supplied). This method makes for an easy installation.
- If running the pump continuously remove the thermostat and drill two approx. 3mm (1/8") holes in the thermostat plate to allow some coolant circulation. Re-install ensuring that the thermostat housing is clean and a new gasket is used if required.
In both these cases, the EWP® will pump past the impeller of the mechanical water pump.
Disengaged mechanical water pump (recommended)
- Remove the mechanical water pump and remove the thermostat.
- Then remove the impeller from the mechanical pump shaft. Retain the mechanical water pump using the pump pulley as an idler to avoid re-routing the drive belt.
- Block any bypass passages and re-install the disengaged water pump ensuring that all gasket surfaces are clean and the new gaskets are properly fitted to prevent leaks.
- Install the EWPÒ into the bottom radiator hose.
Removed mechanical water pump (Ideal)
- Remove the mechanical water pump and thermostat from the engine.
- Install a Davies Craig EWP® Header Adaptor or blanking plate (not supplied). Ensuring the gasket surfaces are clean and the appropriate gasket or sealant is used to prevent leaks.
- Install the EWP® into the bottom radiator hose. This method will require you to modify or replace the standard radiator hose.
- Install an appropriate length belt (not supplied) to drive the accessories.
In most cases EWP® will be adequately supported by the radiator hose. Where mounting is required, the EWP® must be soft mounted to protect against vibration. For the EWP115, EWP130 and EWP150 Part #8700 Mounting bracket is recommended.